I am amazed these days with the filthy activity of Indian media, in fact I am beginning to think Indian media as the biggest threat to our sovereignty. I wanted to see who really owns our influential media channels or newspapers?
So here is something I found out from the simplest tool we have “Google search”
1. It would be apt to start with NDTV.
NDTV – acronym for New Delhi Television, while, many trollers prefer to call it Nehru-Dynasty Television for its open bias towards Congress, while bias is acceptable, but NDTV is notoriously being anti-BJP these days.
NDTV is majorly owned by few individuals as well as some corporate groups as on 31st March 2015.
1. Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy (15.94% and 16%)
2. RRPR Private Holding limited (29% Stake)
3. OSWAL Greentech Limited, (14.17%)
Remember Radia tapes revelation about Reliance’s interest in NDTV.
Have a look at this money trial that comes into NDTV.
- RRPR Holding Pvt Ltd has taken loan of Rs 403 crore approx. from M/s Visvapradhan Commercial Pvt Ltd, which had taken loan from M/s Shinano Retail Pvt Ltd and M/s Shinano Retail Pvt Ltd had taken loan from Reliance group of companies.
- RRPR is acronym for Radhika Roy and Prannoy Roy.
- A simple wiki search shows that Radhika Roy is sister of Brinda Karat, who is a Rajya Sabha MP from CPI (M), No wonder they formed a coalition Govt despite believing in different ideologies, connections are pretty close.
- Little finding about OSWAL Green Tech shows that it is owned by Abhey Kumar Oswal, Anil Bhalla and few others, what is more important is he is the father in law of Congress MP Naveen Jindal.
- Anil Bhalla is the same guy who is being questioned about his alleged connection with former CBI director Ranjit Sinha in 2G Scam case, and he is reportedly have met Ranjit Sinha 40 times in a span of few months.
- NDTV’s Nidhi Razdan is alleged to be girlfriend of Omar Abdullah, watch this video and see how she is trying to put words into a British MP’s mouth against MODI despite him denying.
- Prannoy roy is first cousin of Arundhati Roy, and please listen to her rant here against MODI
So that is some murky ownership of NDTV.
2. Zee TV
Owned by Subhash Chandra, promoter of Essel Group. He owns about 54% of shares in Zee group. I find them pro-BJP most of the times, however that’s not the case, they go with wind, now they’re being pro BJP because BJP is in power and they need to save their ass (pardon my language). Wondering as to why they need to save their ass?
They have allegedly blackmailed Naveen Jindal and their group for 100cr, and they have been caught on tape, currently a case is up against them. And Subhash Chandra is out on bail.
So there is some murky in here too.
3. SUN GROUP
Owned by Kalanidhi Maran, is directly related to DMK Supremo Karunanidhi.
Mostly their coverage is in South India in Tamil, Kannada and Telugu Channels , however their bias towards their regional party is well known among Tamil Circles, they run negative stories on AIADMK.
Their alleged link and connections in Aircel Maxi case and 2G Scam is well known.
Kalanidhi Maran’s brother Dayanidhi Maran was Union Minister in Congress Govt, and do I even have to take A. Raja’s name and his famous 2G Scam?
4. THE HINDU
Owned by a Kasturi Rangan and sons, is usually away from controversies, its problems are about a single family’s domination in the editorial column. However what is to be noted is that The Hindu is a Left-wing newspaper.
Few think it has no political affiliations, however N.Ram, Chairman of Kasturi and Sons Limited (KSL), the founding family of the newspaper was, as a student, an active member, in fact, Vice-President of SFI (Student Federation of India), the student wing of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) – the CPI(M).
In the past 10-15 days they are literally imposing on readers their praise for Sitaram Yechury and his party as if it has woken up from slumber.
Though The Hindu appreciates good governance decisions and overtly against any party, but its hatred towards RSS is out in the open for everyone to see.
5. JAGRAN Group
Jagran is owned Gupta family through Jagran Media investments private limited, the owners have been MPs in BJP, hence the pro-Hindu, pro- BJP views by this paper. This is mostly famous in Hindi belt.
6. Hindustan Times
Shobhna Bhartia, owner and editor-in-chief of Hindustan Times is a Congress MP from Rajya Sabha is also the mother in law of Nayantara Kothari, who is niece of Ambanis. The newspaper is known for its Congress bias.
Vinod Sharma is a Political affairs editor at HT and is a spokesperson of Congress.
7. Sagarika Ghose and Rajdeep Sardesai.
I will include them separately , and their bias are well known. Sagarika Ghose is daughter of Bhaskar Ghose, who was an IAS and congress stooge.
Do I need to tell more about Rajdeep anyway.
8. Network 18 group.
Owned majorly Reliance Group, but its joint venture IBN Lokmat and IBN 18 owned by Congress politician of Maharashtra Rajendra Darda, and Vijay Darda was a Congress MP
9. HEADLINES TODAY of TV TODAY group
Owned by Living media of Aditya Birla Group.
Karan Thapar. What you may not know is that the Nehru family itself is related, through blood and marriages, to the high profile Thapar family. India’s Army chief during the 1962 debacle against China, Gen. P. N. Thapar, is brother-in-law of Nayantara Sehgal, the daughter of Vijaylakshmi Pandit and niece of Jawaharlal Nehru. Gen. Thapar’s son is pro-Congress journalist Karan Thapar. Gen. Thapar’s sister is Romila Thapar, a famous “top” typical JNU Nehruvian communist ideologue historian, who gets to write our textbooks and pollute them with pro- Congress Marxist propaganda.
10. India TV:
Owned by Rajat Sharma was Gen Secy in ABVP ( youth wing of BJP) with Vijay Goel.
BJP MP Maneka Gandhi was on the board when channel started.
I know, most awaited is the TIMES Group and who owns TOI.
11. TIMES GROUP
Times group is surprisingly owned by a Jain family.
While, if allegations are to be believed the person behind the scenes is Robertio Mindo, an Italian and a close relative of Sonia Gandhi.
So that’s how majority of TV viewership is captured by the Congress and its ideology, now BJP is competing, that’s how these politicians or business groups remain in power despite not being in power to influence people.
It is high time we check this Cross-media ownership, bring in a strong media watchdog without infringing upon the freedom of expression, or may be give some teeth to Press Council of India to summon wrong reporting, propagandizing.